GIRL WITH A RADIO MIND
// Hi Lynn, tell us a bit about yourself & Girl With A Radio Mind.
- L: I am a print designer by profession and my first love has always been print and paper. I like to create something and be able to touch it with my hands. Girl With A Radio Mind was created out of spontaneity 6 years ago, so that I will have a personal space to play and create things with my hands. It’s to also explore using another media – fabrics, which I was curious and keen about.
- L: When I am not playing with fabrics or sewing, I work as a creative head in a cosy graphic studio with great folks who make me laugh everyday. I also find joy playing the African drums with a community I like to call my djembe family.
// What about the Bohemian style intrigues you?
- L: I love experimenting with colours and textures and the idea of playing with those richness excites me everyday. When I let my mind run freely to create something instinctively, somehow that’s the genre I feel closest to and it clicked very naturally… like home. I think everyone has their own unique strength & element and maybe this is mine. There is no particular reason or, maybe this is the reason. 🙂
// Share with us some of your works?
- L: My current favourite thing to make is the pillow. Each time, the outcome is different. Each time, I enjoy. I make pillows in other sizes too but the regular ones I make are in squares.
It is interesting to see what i can sew within the same basic square dimension every time, and think of the limitless possibilities within a limit.Girl With A Radio Mind
- L: Some of my other favourite works are the customised waist bags and passport purses. I see the process of putting colours and textures together like fitting pieces of the jigsaw puzzle, and don’t like to rush through it. I enjoy the journeys to completion tremendously, it’s therapeutic.
// Takeaway message for readers?
- L: I hope my colours make you smile. If not, make you wanna dance some crazy, happy dance. Welcome to my playground anytime. ♥
Read on for some facts about Lynn, the Girl With A Radio Mind!
36 // Gemini
Creative Approach // Less is more but sometimes, more can be beautiful too. It is all about balance.
Fact // I’m not good with words so let me speak with my work. 🙂
Message // Follow the rhythm in your life, be thankful and life will unfold by itself. Enjoy your ride!
FUSSY // I’m not really fussy. I prefer funny!